12 hours into the 14 hour flight, Kai looks at me with a huge grin and dark circles under his eyes and exclaimed gleefully "I've only had one hour of sleep in two days.". He is outfitted with a royal blue neck rest and the armchair remote. The kid is meant for airtravel. He gorged on airplane snacks and maxed out movies and video games provided by Qantas. God bless the airlines for installing individual screens on chair backs.
Poor Mia did not fare as well. She was listless throughout the flight with a cold. She is stoic when she's sick and made it 14 hours on the plane. As we disembarked, she vomited explosively in her hand, walking down the aisle. When I say explosively, I mean it bounced off her hand and back up to her face. She looked like she had yellow measles. I pulled her in the flight attendant station where she could throw up a couple more times.
Luckily, we always bring a full change of clothes in our carry-ons. We are now on the flight to Auckland. Mia is better, though as she rests her head in my lap, there is a faint wafting of bile still clinging to her hair.
Kai is setting me up for one on one battleship on the tv screen.
Poor Mia... (and you, Jen!) It's Sunday here and we're about to go ride bikes down at SSV. We can't wait to hear more about New Zealand!
ReplyDelete