Disaster struck near the Opera House yesterday. Kai and I were strolling along and he gave me the flat tire of all flat tires. I took another step and almost fell on my face. I looked down and the straps had been pulled out of my flip flop. There was no resuscitating it. My poor flip flop had been killed on impact.
I hobbled across the way to the nearest convenience store. Mind you, at this time, all of these beautiful, well-dressed people are walking by, making their way to the opera house for a very refined evening, as I'm hobbling past them, dragging my foot made useless by lack of footwear. Add to that, my family is trying very hard not to laugh at my gait and failing.
I must not be the first person to have this experience as there are plenty of choices in the store.
At least I won't look like a tourist, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment