Thursday, January 15, 2015

Down and Out in Bagan

I woke after wretched night, still recovering from the chaos in my body.  I desperately wanted to join Rhonda for our cooking class, but the thought of visitng the morning markets with the pungent smells of fish cake and shrimp paste made my stomach churn even more. She danced off bright eyed and I laid moaning and slept off my street food hangover.

In hindsight, I won't say it was a blessing, but there was a real silver lining to the whole experience. We had been going non-stop since we arrived. I normally would not take a day to spend at a hotel, but as I was somewhat forced to, I have to admit, it was decadent. For two hours, I lay in a chair in the sun on the river bank watching the fishing boats putter up and down the watery expanse.  It was a good exercise in being with the day versus seeking out adventure.  I should try it more often (minus the barfing).

 


Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. thats sounds like it was a good idea. Maybe you soaked in more memories by just stopping and sitting....

    ReplyDelete