Here are some pictures from the Shotover boat. It was a thrilling experience.
Also, Rob gave me WAY too much credit on the bungy. It was the scariest thing I've ever done. I knew I couldn't look down from the ledge or I would never jump, so I kept my chin up. I was then told to do a swan dive off the ledge. I looked back at the instructor like he was mad.
All I could think was "I'm paying money to throw myself off a bridge???"
In the end, I'd like to think I did a swan dive, but I saw the video after and it was more of a chicken dive. As I dove, mentally I patted myself on the back. Then I realized I was still falling. I choked out a chicken squawk. It's amazing how many thoughts can go through your head in a 5-8 second free fall. My train of thoughts went something like this:
"Why did I jump off a perfectly good bridge?"
"I take it back!"
"What the )(#%&$*!!!"
"350 feet is really really far down!"
"Wow, that water is blue."
"Holy Mother of God!"
"I may poop myself"
"I'm still falling??!!!"
I was still shaking from the adrenaline surge 10 minutes after they scooped me out of the river.



Leap of faith indeed! Proud of you chicken squawk and all!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Laura!
Delete